96 Maple Street

96 Maple Street
Before...

96 Maple Street

96 Maple Street
And after...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Didn't your mother ever tell you, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

I am constantly amazed at how much attention our little renovation project has garnered. We have certainly had our share of ''nosey Nellies". It is shocking to me the number of people (complete strangers) who feel they are entitled to "tour" the house. I have often commented that I would like to ask these folks when I should stop by their house for a "tour". Upon the strong suggestion from my "politically correct" husband, I have refrained...

These folks, however, are not nearly as appalling to me as those who decide to actually share their negative criticism with us (and the crew working on the house). While the vast majority of people have nothing but wonderful things to say, there are a few - mostly life-long Chagrinites-who need to remember..."If you can't say something nice, you should not say anything at all!"

It seems the biggest discussion (both positive & negative) is the cedar roof. Most people LOVE it, but there are a few who question (and these are direct quotes), "Why would you use a cedar roof in Chagrin Falls? There are no other cedar roofs in town." Does this even need an answer...we like the cedar roof for that EXACT reason. We have also heard, "You cannot insure a house with a cedar roof." Tell that our insurance company or the insurance companies of most houses in Shaker Heights!! UGH...

Okay, I have vented. I feel MUCH better. The roof, as you know, is a very tender thing for me. Don't mess with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment